I remember when I first started learning to weld, some of the things which kept me going through hard times were jokes, quotes, and sayings that were thrown around. They did not only keep me going when it got really tough, but they also made me feel cool, and that was really important especially to a young man. Some of these quotes are hilarious!
I have compiled some of the most famous and well-known welding quotes, some of them are by famous people while some of them are just popular welder sayings, I hope you enjoy them.
Sorry about the title though, no pun intended if you know what I mean.
WELDING QUOTES BY FAMOUS PEOPLE
“Welding is more than just grabbing a stick and going to work. There’s a lot of science and knowledge involved.”Mike Kuehnl
“There’s not a weld in this tank. It’s all put together with bolts and rivets.”John Baxley
“If you plan on becoming a TIG welder, you better plan on doing lots and lots of burning.”Marty Rice
“That lady welder and I are just friends. Just because I’m a welder, you know, doesn’t mean I’m carrying a torch for her.”Herman Munster
“Life is made of ever so many partings welded together.”Charles Dickens
“You know, they need welders. They need ’em worse than soldiers.”Frank ‘Frankie’ Hauser
“My instincts assured me that I had assembled my materials in proper order for a final welding into their natural form.”Hart Crane
“I think one of the worst things schools have done is taken out all of the stuff like art, music, woodworking, sewing, cooking, welding, auto-shop. All these things you can turn into careers. How can you get interested in these careers if you don’t try them on a little bit?”Temple Grandin
“Whether you function as welders or inspectors, the laws of physics are implacable lie-detectors. You may fool men. You will never fool the metal.”Lois McMaster Bujold
“We are using new technologies in meaningful ways. To build our new refinery in 60 percent of the time it took to build our first, we are training 20,000 people in a new generation of welding technology in six months.”Mukesh Ambani
“Welders make more money than philosophers. We need more welders and less philosophers.”Marco Rubio
“I worked in a steel mill, I worked in a foundry, I worked in a paper mill, I worked in a chemical refinery, construction, I did all that. It was great work, it was good. I learned welding, mechanic, carpentry, but it saved me from going back to prison because that’s helpful. It’s really sad because those jobs are gone.”Luis J. Rodriguez
“Really, welding was my talent, I think, but I sort of swished it aside.”Wes Montgomery
“You may design something in steel, but to make it, you need to know how to manipulate the material. On a sheer technical end, you have to know how to weld stainless steel.”Brian Slocum
“The jobs that were accessible to a good, well-trained worker that knew how to do welding or assembly, none of those jobs had stayed in America. We don’t have the workforce.”Michael Porter
“Most of all, I want to thank my father, up there, the man who when I said I wanted to be an actor, he said, ‘Wonderful. Just have a back-up profession like welding.”Robin Williams
“The Welder Way means rolling up your sleeves and getting it done. It means no divas. It means complete support for the artistic vision in charge – a philosophy of “what can I do to help you?”Allyson Currin
“I became a welder. I was actually becoming an Engineer and I joined the wrong queue. And so I became a welder, without knowing what a welder was.”Billy Connolly
“I’d always been scared of people with tertiary education and high intellects in case they found me wanting. I thought they viewed me as just a welder who knew a few jokes.”Billy Connolly
“Nobody starts out knowing everything. You have to start at the bottom and pick people’s brains. When I got out of the service, I became a sheet-metal welder. I was an apprentice for five years. I found out who the top people were in my trade, and I asked to work with them. I asked them a lot of questions. How can we do this a little faster, a little cheaper, a little better? Once they know where you’re coming from, they open up.”Lorenzo Gaytan
“You are a welder if you have sun burn in the winter.”Walter
“If he were to use a sledgehammer to hit the welded bar with force, it might break, but most likely not at the point where it had been welded. The metal bar could become strongest at its hitherto weakest place.”Norman Vincent Peale
WELL KNOWN WELDER SAYINGS
- “As the metal is burnt and brittle where it is welded, the process is not a success.”
- “You want to know why we have doctors, lawyers and pipefitter. Because they can’t weld.”
- You can always tell an old pipe welder…you just can’t tell him much!
- “I am a welder I can’t fix stupid but I can fix what stupid does.”
- “My dad says “Using a grinder to make a weld look good means, you are a grinder “Not” a welder”.”
- Those were monster melons. If you look close on their helmets, I think there were welding marks.
- I know only one way, and that is to work my tail off and demand everybody else do the same.
- Welding torches, cutting torches and any activity producing. a flame outside is prohibited. Any open flame is discouraged.
- Once you become successful, people know where you live, the type of house you live in, the kind of car you drive, the clothes you wear, and so it would be patronising to go and talk like a welder. Welding´s a mystery to me now. You can’t go back, your life changes every day.
- If I can jump across it, I can weld it.
- I have an artistic ability few process the hands of a surgeon, the calm of a sniper and the ability to build anything.
- I´m a welder because I don´t mind hard work, If I wanted to do something easy I´d be an engineer.
- I´m a welder, I was born with my heart on my sleeve, a fire in my soul and a mouth I can´t control.
- I hate being Hot But I´m a welder So I can´t help it.
- Welding: it’s like sewing with fire.
- Welders were created because engineers need heroes too.
- No matter how I feel, I get up, dress up, show up and never give up, that’s what welders do.
- I am a welder, I am here to build your crap, not take any.
- I am really very self-confident when it comes to my work, and that is welding.
- If knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery over welding, it would not seem so wonderful at all.
- Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. And that’s why I never ‘work’ while I am welding.
FUNNY WELDING QUOTES
- Welding saved me from being a pornstar, but I still penetrate in all positions.
- If you think it’s expensive to hire a good welder, try hiring a cheap one.
- Oh you had a bad day? I caught on fire today and loved it!
- I never dreamed I’d grow up to be a perfect welder. But here I am, killing it.
- Welding student, will build stuff for pizza.
- If anyone tells you welding isn’t that awesome, stop talking to them. you don’t need that kind of negative energy in your life.
- If I wasn’t a good welder, I’d probably be dead by now.
- Yes I know I am on fire, let me finish this weld then I’ll put it out.
- I am a welder, to save time let’s assume I know everything.
- Never underestimate an old man you can weld.
- Skilled welders aren’t cheap, cheap welders aren’t skilled.
- Welding is like riding a bike except the bike is on fire, you are on fire and you are chained to the bike.
- A welder is someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge. You can also call us wizards.
- I don’t always have spatter, but when I do it sticks better than your welds.
- Opportunity is missed by a lot of people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
- When you have a hammer everything is a nail, but when you have a welder everything is whatever the fuck you want to be.
- Welding is the adult version of arts and crafts.
- I am a welder, what’s your superpower?
- Being a welder is easy, it’s like flying like a bird, but you don’t have wings.
FEMALE WELDER SAYINGS
- All women are created equal, then a few become welders.
- A welder melted my heart.
- All moms are created equal but only the best can raise welders.
- Women welders do the same job but they look better while doing it.
- I am a welder girl, like a regular girl but way cooler.
- I’m the welder, not the welder’s wife.
All in all, I hope you enjoyed my list of welding-related quotes and sayings. If there is anything you would like to add, or share with other readers, feel free to shoot us an email!
I hope you enjoy the video!
More reading about welding: